Friday, July 3, 2015

Mike's birthday weekend in Napa

It's July, which means I would like to celebrate my birth every day of the entire month, so I better get Mike's birthday recap out of the way so that I can focus on myself. (#kiddingnotkidding) (#ilovemybirthdaysomuch).

Mike and I spent the weekend in Napa in March for his birthday. It was the first time we had ever stayed overnight in the valley.  We tasted at Caymus (awesome, I'd go back there in a nanosecond), lunch at Rutherford Hill (always a good time), Rutherford Ranch (quick stop for zin upon recommendation from our driver), Duckhorn (we love the Duckhorn family of wineries but our favorite is their sister winery, Paraduxx) and Rombauer (wine is good but there's no personal experience there, it's just a "pour and leave me alone" type of place, we like to learn while tasting. There was no learning.) 

So..... there you go. 
We also did Inglenook which is one of Francis Ford Coppola's wineries.  It was fun to see some movie paraphernalia. 

Duckhorn


Picnicking at Rutherford Hill Winery. We're not merlot people, typically, but their merlot is delicious.   Their picnic grounds are also unbelievable and a "must stop" for us every time we are in Napa. 


Roadside pitstop to take pictures.  These are merlot grapes (#icanread)


Inglenook - beautiful grounds, great tour, really really great wines.  The only trouble was that the other people on our tour could NOT have been more annoying. 

In my inability to put these pictures in order, here's another photo of Rutherford Hill winery with the Napa Valley behind us.  I mean seriously, we count out blessings every time we are in the valley that we only need to drive 40 minutes to get to one of the greatest places on earth.  It's awesome.

No comments: